Styling your home is no way difficult if you know what and where to put available fancy pieces. Moreover, you can also make use of carpets as one of the stylish and chic decorations aside from fancy furniture.
So if you now get enticed to make use of carpets to improve your home’s aesthetic appearance, what are your available options? How are you going to choose? What are the things to consider in dressing up your floors?
Carpets to give your home a dazzling ambience
Way back time, carpets are hung on the walls or laid on the tables. As time progresses, the creative minds also now dresses the floor with uniquely designed and colorful carpets to ensure a comfortable or luxurious way to tread on.
The floor clothing comes in myriad of styles, shapes and sizes that would perfectly adorn your bedroom or living room. Materials used for the production also runs in numbers and these include the following.
- Nylon carpets. This is the most popular material that is used in the production of carpets. It is resistant to stains, durable and soft.
- Polyester carpets. The polyester carpets are suitable for not heavily traffic or weight bearing areas. Its vibrancy and colors last over time.
- Polypropylene carpets. Just like the nylon carpets, polypropylene carpets are soft and resistant to stains and other offenders.
- Wool carpets. Although wool carpets are expensive, they will offer the homeowner durability and quality.
Strategies to dress up your floors
After being familiar with the different kinds of carpets and materials used in making carpets, you can now proceed to your next step which is creating a lively and welcoming character of your home. So how are you going to do that?
- Check the quality with density determination – The density of the carpet is determined by how tight they are packed and the thickness that it may show. So if it has a density rating of more than 2000, then the carpet is less susceptible to crushing and would be suitable for high traffic areas.
- Do matchmaking – In order to give your home a warm aura, do some sort of matchmaking with your furniture, wall color and carpet. This is to decorate your home in tune with other decorating factors. So, if you have wooden furniture, then go for wool carpets.
- Design selection – The design of your newly bought carpet should not be taken for granted. Since it comes from traditional to contemporary designs, you can choose one that could match up the theme or motif of your home.
- Consider your budget – The price of the carpets varies according to the materials that are used, thickness and how it is made.
Putting it floored
Dressing your floor primarily starts with your assessment and the materials to be used. With its variety and your skills in decorating your home, you can simply bring out the best even if you just have a carpet at hand that would blend with the motif or furniture of your home. Good luck!
Image Credit : mikecogh