Refrigerators are not just luxury appliances, but a necessity in every household. It’s best to weigh the pros and cons of different brands to know which one is suitable for your needs and lifestyle. In this article, we compare LG and Whirlpool, two popular brands of refrigerators, so you’ll know which one fits you best.
Similarities of LG & Whirlpool refrigerators
Both brands are top-notch refrigerators and share some similar specifications. Here are some of them:
- Energy-star certified
- Direct Cooling technology
- Quick ice-making technology
- Made by reputable appliance brands
The LG brand is a South Korean brand known worldwide for its electronics and gadgets. It has branched out to include quality home electronics and appliances. LG refrigerators are considered mid-end refrigerators in terms of price and innovative technology.
- Sleek, modern exterior look
- Smart home-enabled features
- InstaView Door-in-Door feature allows you to store commonly used foods in a separate compartment, so you don’t have to open the main door
- Bigger in size and capacity than Whirlpool(ranging between 20 to 36 cubic feet in size with a capacity of 21.0 cubic feet)
- Dual ice-maker
- Considered the most energy-efficient brand in its class
- Warranty is better than Whirlpool: one-year warranty on parts and labor, and a five-year warranty on the sealed refrigeration system.
- Tend to be quieter than their Whirlpool
- Priced a bit higher than Whirlpool depending on the model (ranging $500 to $1000)
- Some people don’t want too many features
When it comes to household appliances, Whirlpool is one of the most established and reputable brands. Whirlpool has earned a reputation as one of the most dependable brands of home appliances over the years. Whirlpool refrigerators are made of good quality at a more reasonable price.
- Traditional exterior look
- Simpler and more basic in function
- MultiFlow system delivers uniform cooling and makes food fresher longer
- Newer models have a built-in filtration system
- Newer models have fingerprint-resistant stainless steel
- Climate control allows you to set different temperatures on different compartments
- Less expensive than LG
- Not as many features as LG fridge
- Smaller in size (around 26 cubic feet)
- Shorter warranty: offers a one-year warranty on parts and labor
Which is better?
It depends on your needs and budget. If you have an extra budget and want to enjoy all the extra features like door-in-door, you can go for an LG fridge. But if you’re looking for a basic refrigerator that serves well, go for the lower price of the Whirlpool refrigerator.