Cleaning the tub of your LG washing machine is an important part of keeping it in good shape and making sure that your clothes come out clean and fresh every time. Over time, dirt, soap residues, and mineral deposits from the water can build up in the washing machine, which could cause mold, mildew, or bad smells. LG says that to keep the machine in good shape, you should run a tub clean cycle every so often. This article tells you everything you need to know to clean the tub of your LG washing machine.
1. Getting ready
Make sure you have these things before you start cleaning:
- Cleaner for tubs that is made for washing machines LG says to use a cleaner that is safe for the tub of the machine. You can use liquid or powdered cleaners, or you can use tub cleaning pills made for washing machines. If the maker of your machine tells you not to, don’t use bleach.
- A dry, clean cloth
- If you want to keep your skin from getting too close to the cleaning products, you can wear protective gloves.
2. Take everything out of the washer
Make sure there is nothing in the washing machine. Before you start the cleaning process, take out any clothes, laundry, or other things that are in the machine.
3. Pick “Clean Tub” from the menu.
There is a cycle on LG washing machines that is meant to clean the tub. To use this feature:
- Your LG washer should be on now.
- Locate the “Clean Tub” or “Tub Clean” cycle setting. This is usually on the main panel of the machine. The exact name may be different for each LG washing machine type.
- If your machine doesn’t have a setting just for cleaning the tub, you can choose the hottest and longest run that it has.
4. Put the cleaner in
- If you are using a liquid or powdered cleaner, open the drawer that holds the soap and add the cleaner to the main wash area. Do not put any fabric softener or soap in it.
- If you’re using a cleaning pill, put it right into the drum of the washer.
- Do not put cleaning products in the section for liquid bleach unless the cleaner’s instructions say to do so.
5. Set the tub to clean mode.
- Close the door to the washer and the box that holds the detergent.
- As soon as you press the “Start” button, the tub cleaner will start.
- The machine will heat the water to the right temperature to get rid of any buildup and clean the tub completely.
6. Clean the washer.
When the cycle is over:
- Let the tub dry out in the open air for a while.
- To stop mold and mildew from growing, wipe the door lock, the inside of the drum, and any other places where water could gather with a clean, dry cloth.
- If you can, leave the window and the drawer that holds the detergent open for a few hours to let air in and dry fully. This keeps smells from building up.
7. Maintenance every month
This cleaning process should be done at least once a month, or more often if you use your washing machine a lot. Regular maintenance keeps the device running well and free of molds and smells that are bad for it.
Here are some ways to keep your LG washer clean.
- Leave the door and soap drawer of the washer a little open after each use to let air flow and stop mold and mildew from growing.
- Take the clothes out of the washer as soon as the cycle is over to avoid smells of dampness.
- To avoid too much suds and residue, follow the manufacturer’s directions and use the right amount of soap for your load size.
- The instructions for your LG washing machine tell you how often to check and clean the drain pump filter to keep it from getting clogged and smelling bad.
You can help make sure that your LG washing machine stays clean, efficient, and good at cleaning your clothes for years by following these steps and keeping up with regular cleaning.