One of the key appliances in your kitchen is the refrigerator. It can keep your family safe and healthy by preserving food for longer. Hence, you should give this investment careful thought before making a purchase. When choosing a refrigerator, you must consider your needs and space. If you’re contemplating between a GE and a Whirlpool refrigerator, we’ll help you come up with a decision.
This article will compare GE and Whirlpool refrigerators, two big brands that are both reliable and efficient. Before we compare and contrast the two brands, let’s go through some of their similarities first. Here are some of them:
- Both offer the 4 basic product ranges (French door, side-by-side, bottom freezer, and top freezer)
- Ice and water dispensers with built-in ice makers
- LED lighting
- Climate-controlled compartments
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
GE brand is proud of its over 100 years of innovation and experience in the industry. Its brand has been known to deliver high-quality, innovative, and reliable home appliances through the decades. One of the strongest suites of GE refrigerators is that it offers a greater variety of designs, sizes, and features throughout its product range. So, if you’re someone who loves many options and looking for great designs and features, GE could have the refrigerator for you.
- Offers more product range
- Has a greater variety of compact refrigerators or mini fridges
- Offers signature lines, including Profile and Café series
- Space-saving features such as adjustable shelves, multi-level drawers, and large door bins
- Higher models have smart home features that connect to the internet
- Spill-proof shelves
- Hands-free autofill
- Advanced water filtration
- Fingerprint Resistant Finish
- More color options like Slate and Black Slate
- More expensive than Whirlpool refrigerators
- Too many options and features can be confusing for some people
- Lesser space than Whirlpool with an average of 20 and 24 cubic feet of space available
- The stainless color option costs more than Whirlpool.
Like GE, Whirlpool also has over 100 years of experience since its dishwashers became famous in 1911. When it comes to refrigerators, Whirlpool is a trusted brand that offers technology, variety, and energy efficiency. Among its mid-end competitors like GE and LG, Whirlpool is slightly more affordable in price.
- More affordable than GE refrigerators
- More space than GE refrigerators with an average of 25 cubic feet of space inside
- Fast Drink and Fast Cool modes
- Digital temperature control
- Dual cooling
- In Door Ice Storage
- Lesser specific product range
- Only has a black and white color option, while its stainless steel version costs more
Which one is better?
Both GE and Whirlpool refrigerators are well-known brands in the appliance world. While GE has innovative designs with WiFi features and adjustable interiors, Whirpool refrigerators deliver on capacity, space and budget-friendly models with easy-to-use features. So, choosing which one is better all depends on your preference and budget! If you’re still undecided, you can also compare LG vs Whirlpool refrigerators to know which suits you best.